Thursday Stock Market Update
The Dow Jones Industrial Average, S&P 500, and Nasdaq Composite gained on Thursday.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average gained 188.57 points or 0.58 percent, to close at 32,485.59.
- The S&P 500 gained 1.04 percent to close at 3,939.34.
- The Nasdaq Composite gained 2.52 percent to close at 13,398.67.
“The stimulus is beating the virus at least as far as the market is concerned,” said Scott Ladner, chief investment officer at Horizon Investments. “And real rates being near negative is just historically a very strong tailwind for asset prices. That can get ignored on a day-to-day basis especially when people become concerned that inflation is going to rear its head, but at the end of the day, inflation is just coming back to normal.”
On Friday keep an eye out for:
- Michigan Consumer Sentiment Index
- Candian Unemployment Rate
- Sharp Corp., AIA Group Ltd., and Fortum Oyj are reporting earnings.