Movable Roots Introduces a $115,000, Two-Story, 330-Square-Foot Trailer Home
Movable Roots the specialist in tiny homes on wheels has introduced the Henderson, according to Business Insider.
The Henderson is a two-floor, 330-square-foot trailer home that is priced at $115,000.
The Henderson was created after two of the company's founders, Nikki Cheatham and her husband Mike, decided to disrupt the tiny home industry. The Cheathams saw an opportunity to outpace opponents by offering a tiny home that didn't look like a dated log cabin. Movable Roots has four other tiny homes that it offers. The company also creates and sells trailers, custom tiny home builds, and tiny home shells for those that want to construct the tiny home themselves.
The following are details regarding the Henderson:
- The trailer is 30 feet long but has a 2-foot extension on each end making it 34 feet long.
- The 330 square footage includes a kitchen, bathroom with laundry, and two bedrooms.
- The first floor has a bathroom, kitchen, and master bedroom.
- The second floor contains the second bedroom that can be accessed by a built-in ladder.
- The bedroom on the first floor can accommodate a queen mattress.
- The bathroom has a walk-in shower, a toilet, towel racks, under-sink storage, and contains the washer and dryer.
- The kitchen has blue cabinets, a gas stove, oven, sink, and dishwasher.
- The dining table across from the kitchen can seat two.
- The floor of the Henderson is made of recycled wood from old barns.
- There are two entryways to the Henderson: one by the kitchen and one in the downstairs bedroom.
- Movable Roots takes between 14 and 16 weeks to build a single Henderson.
- The unit is listed at $115,000 but does not include the mattress, couch, or decor.