Monday Stock Market Update
The Dow Jones Industrial Average, S&P 500, and Nasdaq Composite surged on Friday in a volatile session.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average gained 306.14 points or 0.97 percent, to close at 31,802.44.
- The S&P 500 fell 0.54 percent to close at 3,821.35.
- The Nasdaq Composite fell 2.41 percent to close at 12,609.47.
The Dow was up 600 points early in the session before falling off towards the end.
This week keep an eye out for:
- China's Consumer Price Index (YoY)
- RBA's Governor Lowe speech
- The EU's Gross Domestic Product (YoY)
- Disney, Deutsche Post, Continental AG, and China Telecom Corp are reporting earnings.