Monday Stock Market Update
The Dow Jones Industrial Average posted minimal gains, while the S&P 500, and Nasdaq Composite fell on Monday.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average gained 37.40 or 0.12 percent, to close at 30,216.45.
- The S&P 500 fell 0.39 percent to close at 3,694.92.
- The Nasdaq Composite fell 0.10 percent to close at 12,742.52.
Earlier in the session, the Dow was down more than 400 points but recovered throughout the day to end in the green. Investors are growing concerned over the new strain of coronavirus from the UK. Now, Americans await lawmakers' decision over the $900 billion coronavirus stimulus package.
On Tuesday keep an eye out for:
- Annualized Gross Domestic Product Numbers.
- Cintas Corp, CarMax Inc., and Neogen Corp. are reporting earnings.