The Dow Jones Industrial Average, Nasdaq Composite, and S&P 500 posted fell on Monday.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average gained 123.04 points or 0.40 percent, to close at 34,077.63.
- The S&P 500 fell 0.50 percent to close at 4,163.26.
- The Nasdaq Composite fell 1.00 percent to close at 13,914.77.
Stocks fell from record highs as COVID cases rise globally and cryptocurrency prices sold off.
“Whenever a headline grabbing asset sees a big decline at a time when the broad market stands at an expensive level, it usually has a negative impact on the stock market even if it’s only short-lived,” said Matt Maley, chief market strategist at Miller Tabak.
On Tuesday keep an eye out for:
- ECB Bank Lending Survey
- New Zealand Consumer Price Index (YoY)
- Johnson & Johnson, Procter & Gamble Co., Bank of America Corp., Adobe Inc., Netflix Inc., Coca-Cola Inc., Boeing and others are reporting earnings.