The Dow Jones Industrial Average fell, but the S&P 500 and Nasdaq Composite posted gains on Tuesday.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 30.42 points or 0.09 percent, to close at 34,599.82.
- The S&P 500 gained 0.02 percent to close at 4,227.26.
- The Nasdaq Composite gained 0.31 percent to close at 13,924.91.
“US stocks have largely been stuck in a range since mid-April and don’t seem likely to be breaking out anytime soon,” Edward Moya, senior market analyst at Oanda, said. “Investors want to see how hot pricing pressures get and how much downside in equities will occur once the Fed’s taper tantrum begins.”
On Wednesday keep an eye out for:
- BoC Interest Rate Decision
- Inditex S.A., Brown-Forman Corp. and others are reporting earnings