The Dow Jones Industrial Average and S&P 500 fell, but the Nasdaq Composite posted gains on Monday.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 126.15 points or 0.36 percent, to close at 34,630.24.
- The S&P 500 fell 0.08 percent to close at 4,226.52.
- The Nasdaq Composite gained 0.49 percent to close at 13,881.72.
“The reflation trade is taking a bit of a backseat even as Friday’s ‘Goldilocks’ payrolls report served to quell some concerns that the economy might be doing a bit too well,” Goldman Sachs’ Chris Hussey said on Monday. “Today’s market action shows that these concerns might be here to stay.”
On Tuesday keep an eye out for:
- EU Gross Domestic Product s.a. (YoY)
- US Goods and Services Trade Balance
- TJX Cos. Inc., BYD Co. Ltd., Workday Inc (A) and others are reporting earnings.