Friday Stock Market Update
The Dow Jones Industrial Average and S&P 500 fell, while the Nasdaq Composite posted moderate gains on Friday.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 66.78, or 0.24 percent, to close at 28,323.40.
- The S&P 500 fell 0.03 percent to close at 3,509.44.
- The Nasdaq Composite gained 0.04 percent to close at 11,895.23.
Markets were relatively flat prior to the announcement of Joe Biden's presumed presidential.
On Monday keep an eye out for:
- Traders reacting to a Biden administration.
- Global stocks hitting record highs after Biden's win — and after Pfizer said trials of its COVID-19 vaccine were effective.
- McDonald's, Occidental Petroleum, and Beyond Meat are reporting earnings
- Consumer inflation expectations, auctions for 3-month and 6-month Treasury bills, and a sale of 3-year notes are due.