Friday Stock Market Update
The Dow Jones Industrial Average, S&P 500, and Nasdaq Composite surged on Friday in a volatile session.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average gained 572.16 points or 1.85 percent, to close at 31,496.30.
- The S&P 500 gained 1.95 percent to close at 3,841.94.
- The Nasdaq Composite gained 2.11 percent to close at 12,723.47.
Markets started off in the negative early on Friday before a massive rally that left the major indexes up big.
This week keep an eye out for:
- BoE's Governor Bailey speech
- Japan's Gross Domestic Product (QoQ)
- The EU's Gross Domestic Product (YoY)
- The US Consumer Price Index ex Food & Energy (YoY)