Friday Stock Market Update
The Dow Jones Industrial Average, S&P 500, and Nasdaq Composite gained on Friday.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average gained 27.70 points or 0.09 percent, to close at 31,458.40.
- The S&P 500 gained 0.47 percent to close at 3,934.83.
- The Nasdaq Composite gained 0.50 percent to close at 14,095.47.
The market closed up slightly to hit new records.
“Is the path to much higher equities becoming smaller ... to put it differently, are the bulls attempting to thread a needle? Seems that way near term,” Dennis De Busschere, macro research analyst at Evercore ISI, said in a note.
Next week keep an eye out for:
- US Retail Sales (MoM)
- FOMC Minutes
- PBoC Interest Rate Decision
- The EU's Gross Domestic Product (YoY)