Friday Stock Market Update
The Dow Jones Industrial Average posted gains, while the S&P 500 and Nasdaq Composite fell on Friday.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average gained 47.11 or 0.16 percent, to close at 30,046.37.
- The S&P 500 fell 0.13 percent to close at 3,663.46.
- The Nasdaq Composite fell 0.23 percent to close at 12,377.87.
Stocks were relatively flat as investors kept a close eye on lawmakers who have still failed to pass another stimulus package. The US Senate did pass a spending bill to avoid a government shutdown.
On Monday keep an eye out for:
- 6-month and 3-month bill auctions are due
- Photo0me International Plc, Anavex Life Sciences Corp, and Uranium Energy Corp. are reporting earnings.