Friday Stock Market Update
The Dow Jones Industrial Average, S&P 500, and Nasdaq Composite fell on Friday.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average dropped 620.74 points or 2.03 percent, to close at 29,982.62.
- The S&P 500 dropped 1.93 percent to close at 3,714.24.
- The Nasdaq Composite fell 2 percent to close at 13,070.69.
Markets fell after turmoil between retail investors and hedge fund played out all week ending in major platforms freezing trading on certain equities. The nations GDP for the quarter came in lower than expected
Next week keep an eye out for:
- Markit Manufacturing PMI
- ISM manufacturing index
- Motor vehicle sales (SAAR)
- Warner Music Group, Oxford Lane Capital Corp., EZCORP Inc., and Sterling Bank Corp. are reporting earnings.