Friday Stock Market Update
The Dow Jones Industrial Average, S&P 500, and Nasdaq Composite posted gains on Friday.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average gained 248.74 or 0.83 percent, to close at 30,218.26.
- The S&P 500 gained 0.88 percent to close at 3,699.12.
- The Nasdaq Composite gained 0.70 percent to close at 12,464.23.
The indexes closed at record highs despite disappointing jobs data.
“As you move into 2021, there will be broader economic growth, it will be more inclusive, you will see continued fiscal stimulus – I do believe we will get a package. You’ll see the Fed continue. You have pent-up demand,” Brent Schutte, Northwestern Mutual chief investment strategist,said. “In 2021, you have a market that will move higher, but with different leadership that reflects more broad economy growth. Think the rotation that we’ve been talking about … it’s under way right now and it will continue into 2021. Think value, think small-cap, think emerging markets.”
On Monday keep an eye out for:
- The 6-month and 3-month bill auctions are due
- Coupa Software Inc. Registered Shs and Sekisui House Ltd. are reporting earnings.