The Dow Jones Industrial Average, S&P 500, and Nasdaq Composite posted gains on Wednesday.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average gained 25.07 points or 0.07 percent, to close at 34,600.38.
- The S&P 500 gained 0.14 percent to close at 4,208.12.
- The Nasdaq Composite gained 0.14 percent to close at 13,756.33.
"Overall, a lot of the fears of inflation that are going on in the markets right now are more than necessary. Investors have just been a little bit more fearful than necessary at this time," Josh Kutin, Columbia Threadneedle Investments North America head of asset allocation, said.
"That said, we have experienced some pretty serious reactions to it, even that big CPI [consumer price index] print we saw a couple weeks ago did surprise investors. And if we see something similar like that in that jobs report, that could create a little bit of a short-term blip."
On Thursday keep an eye out for:
- US Gross Domestic Product Annualized
- Initial Jobless Claims
- Nvidia, Netflix, Broadcom, T-Mobile, and others are reporting earnings.