Big Tech Stocks Added $291 Billion in Market Value Today
Shares of the biggest names in technology added $291.66 billion in combined market valuation, according to CNBC.
Shares of Amazon, Tesla, Microsoft, Apple, Alphabet, Facebook, and Netflix all surged on Monday. Tech stocks have performed well throughout the coronavirus crisis with many hitting all-time highs in recent sessions.
- Amazon surged 7.93 percent after a Goldman Sachs analyst increased his price target to $3,800. The gains added $116.92 billion in market value to the company.
- Tesla shares surged 9.47 percent prior to the company's earnings report on Wednesday. The gains added $26.35 billion to its market cap.
- Microsoft shares gained 4.3 percent and added $66.82 billion in market value.
- Apple shares gained 2.11 percent and added $35.53 billion in market value.
- Alphabet shares gained 3.1 percent and added $32.08 billion in market value.
- Facebook gained 1.40 percent and added $9.67 billion.