Pro-Trump pastor Robert Henderson boasted during Sunday’s service at his Texas church that Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s departure from the Supreme Court was due to a prayer he delivered in Washington, D.C., last week, according to Right Wing Watch.
- Henderson said he prayed for control over the Supreme Court during a meeting with other evangelicals in Washington last Monday. The pastor said it was “no accident” that Ginsburg died just days later.
- The pastor said God told him to “ask for a judgment against the lion in the spirit realm that was seeking to devour,” referencing 1 Peter 5:8, which says “your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.”
- Henderson said he told the DC group: “‘We need to ask for a judgment against the lion that has actually been devouring and intends to devour from the Supreme Court. We need to get a judgment against this lion that Paul said God shut the mouth of.’”
- He continued: “So, I led us into that place. Well, guess what? Ruth Bader Ginsburg has passed away. President Trump will establish a new Supreme Court justice. That’s no accident.”
- Later in the sermon, Henderson said: “You need to understand that if we don’t shut down this abortion issue, that blood altar will invite demonic powers into this nation. It’s not just about the babies, it’s about a blood altar that is inviting demonic powers.”