Christian Crowdfunding Site Hosts Drive For Alleged Kenosha Gunman
Two crowdfunding websites took down fundraisers to benefit alleged Kenosha, Wisconsin, gunman Kyle Rittenhouse, according to The Washington Times, but one set up on a Christian crowdfunding site is still running.
- “GoFundMe confirmed Thursday it removed fundraisers created on its site in support of Kyle Rittenhouse, a teen arrested for murder following a deadly shooting in Kenosha, Wisconsin,” the outlet reported. “The popular crowdfunding company told The Washington Times it pulled fundraisers made for the 17-year-old murder suspect and refunded all donations contributed to those campaigns.”
- The campaigns were removed for violating GoFundMe’s terms of service, the company said, but no further details were offered.
- Likewise, “A campaign for Mr. Rittenhouse created on rival crowdfunding site Fundly raised more than $50,000 within several hours Wednesday, meanwhile, but subsequently disappeared as well,” The Washington Times reported.
However, GiveSendGo, which describes itself as the “#1 Free Christian Crowdfunding Site,” still has a live campaign for Rittenhouse that as of Friday evening had met $127, 774 of its $200,000 goal.
- “Kyle Rittenhouse just defended himself from a brutal attack by multiple members of the far-leftist group ANTIFA – the experience was undoubtedly a brutal one, as he was forced to take two lives to defend his own,” the fundraiser story says.
- It continues: “Now, Kyle is being unfairly charged with murder 1, by a DA who seems determined only to capitalize on the political angle of the situation. The situation was clearly self-defense, and Kyle and his family will undoubtedly need money to pay for the legal fees. Let's give back to someone who bravely tried to defend his community.”
- In an update explaining how the money will be spent, the campaign organizer writes, “Kyle now faces the wrath of those who would see us stripped of our God-given rights and reduced to servitude. He is in dire need of our help.”
His success is our success; his failure, the loss of our right to self-defense. I firmly believe that with the continued support of all of you fine people, Kyle will be freed.
God bless America, God bless you, and #FreeKyle