Two crowdfunding websites took down fundraisers to benefit alleged Kenosha, Wisconsin, gunman Kyle Rittenhouse, according to The Washington Times, but one set up on a Christian crowdfunding site is still running.
- “GoFundMe confirmed Thursday it removed fundraisers created on its site in support of Kyle Rittenhouse, a teen arrested for murder following a deadly shooting in Kenosha, Wisconsin,” the outlet reported. “The popular crowdfunding company told The Washington Times it pulled fundraisers made for the 17-year-old murder suspect and refunded all donations contributed to those campaigns.”
- The campaigns were removed for violating GoFundMe’s terms of service, the company said, but no further details were offered.
- Likewise, “A campaign for Mr. Rittenhouse created on rival crowdfunding site Fundly raised more than $50,000 within several hours Wednesday, meanwhile, but subsequently disappeared as well,” The Washington Times reported.
However, GiveSendGo, which describes itself as the “#1 Free Christian Crowdfunding Site,”still has a live campaign for Rittenhouse that as of Friday evening had met $127, 774 of its $200,000 goal.
- “Kyle Rittenhouse just defended himself from a brutal attack by multiple members of the far-leftist group ANTIFA – the experience was undoubtedly a brutal one, as he was forced to take two lives to defend his own,” the fundraiser story says.
- It continues: “Now, Kyle is being unfairly charged with murder 1, by a DA who seems determined only to capitalize on the political angle of the situation. The situation was clearly self-defense, and Kyle and his family will undoubtedly need money to pay for the legal fees. Let's give back to someone who bravely tried to defend his community.”
- In an update explaining how the money will be spent, the campaign organizer writes, “Kyle now faces the wrath of those who would see us stripped of our God-given rights and reduced to servitude. He is in dire need of our help.”
His success is our success; his failure, the loss of our right to self-defense. I firmly believe that with the continued support of all of you fine people, Kyle will be freed.
God bless America, God bless you, and #FreeKyle