An uplifting conversation. Listen to what Nick Braña, National Political Outreach Coordinator on Bernie Sanders’ presidential 2016 campaign and one of the founders of Our Revolution, has to reveal about the establishment’s walls and how to break them down.
(Note: if the video linked above gets deleted, you may search the Internet for the title: “3rd Party Formation Very Doable Says Former Bernie Official”)
Here are the four main reasons given for why we need and can have a powerful new political party to kick the butt of the corrupted old major parties:
- The major parties are fiercely immune to change from within and characterized by anti-democratic internal command structure beholden to Big Money. Challenging newbies are caught in a web of wheeling and dealing.
- It will take the weapon of a new party ready to replace a corrupt old party to overcome the establishment.
- Getting a new party on the ballot in all 50 states is not nearly as hard as we keep getting told. Much easier than taking over a huge money-governed party from within.
- America is more ready than ever for a new party. Almost two out of three Americans are calling for a major new party now.
What do you think about it? I think: let’s make it happen. And to do this, work on bringing change-desiring people and existing third parties and challenger candidates together, supporting each other, working out a big tent platform of changes we all want. Such a coalition may by itself make change possible and – if things come to a head – give birth to a grand new party, a People’s Party.
- Website: Movement For A Peoples Party
Most of the web presence and action seems to be happening on Facebook (a page and numerous groups):
A common question: Why not simply support the Green Party which advocates many or all of the broadly desired changes? Answer: people wanting change are more likely to try a new party than one that has been around but small. It’s the psychology of confidence. Also, the Green Party has suffered a lot of smears and misrepresentations that circulate through people’s heads. Other than that, the Green Party is awesome and well worth voting for at every chance. It would (or will) make a great member in a People’s Coalition.
Dirk Droll is the publisher, main writer, and senior editor of Beanstock’s World where many of his articles found here originate.