First of all, Happy New Year from the Three Patriots to you and yours!
2018 will be written into the history books as a wild year in the political world. If this year has taught us anything for the future, it is to “expect the unexpected”. Democrats publicly flip-flopped their position on immigration and border security, some Republicans became anti-war, and Socialism took it’s real first seat at the table in the election of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez to the 14th Congressional District of New York, as well as Rashida Harbi Tlaib to the 13th Congressional District of Michigan (she also becomes the first Muslim woman to be elected to the U.S. Congress - I’ll withhold any comments on Sharia law for now). So, what can we expect 2019 to hold? Well, it is anyone’s guess, but I’m going to take a stab at it. Comment below with your thoughts!
1. The Robert Mueller investigation FINALLY concludes and releases their report. The report reveals several illegal activities that have gone on by those who have been investigated, but it shows no signs of collusion between Donald Trump and Russia. Mueller will show that Russia did attempt to interfere with the 2016 U.S. Elections, but on their own accord, not due to any guidance by the Trump team.
2. Congress will be at a great stalemate on many issues. The House will pass liberal legislation that the Senate will refuse to take up and vice versa.
3. There will still not be a budget passed by Congress, thus kicking the can of continuing resolutions and government shutdowns down the proverbial road.
4. The House of Representatives will force votes on some very progressive bills like Medicare For All and Free College Education, but they will not pass the camber.
5. Democrats will continue to sweep Americans under the rug, opposing nearly anything that the President supports, no matter the cost.
6. Compromise will be reached on the government shutdown. Democrats will get some DACA provisions, Trump will get some funding for his wall... or whatever they are calling it now.
7. Trump Derangement Syndrome grows to an all-time high, while dozens Democrats begin to kick around the idea of running for the DNC nomination in 2020. TDS also leads to a vote in the House of Representatives on articles of Impeachment, which fails.
8. President Trump will nominate a 3rd Supreme Court Justice.
9. A world superpower (Russia or China) will begin playing games with the global peacekeeping efforts, causing serious worldwide concerns.
10. And my biggest prediction, which is a complete shot in the dark, Trump will announce towards the end of the year that he will not seek re-election in 2020.
Bonus Prediction: Donald Trump will still be your President.
What are your thoughts?