DEAR JEWISH AMERICAN LIBERALS by Valerie Sobel
Valerie Sobel is an economist, writer, philanthropist and pianist living in Canada.
She is the Chair of the Calgary branch of Beit Halochem Canada.
Valerie is a dedicated and devoted volunteer. She launched the Celebration of Life concerts in Calgary over six years ago and has continued to work diligently to ensure their success. She has also spearheaded the group visit program, ensuring that disabled veterans visit Calgary and are hosted by members of the community. Valerie is a dynamic, enthusiastic and committed leader.
A rather long and strong message to liberal American Jews.
It is particularly important that this be read by Jews who claim to care about Israel, and who irrationally voice their hatred of Trump, notwithstanding the long record of support that he has given to Israel and Jewish causes.
DEAR JEWISH AMERICAN LIBERALS:
It’s time for the talk. From one Jew to another. From one parent/grandparent to another. From one who utters “Never Again!” to another. From one witnessing the vile anti-Semitic floats in Belgian parades to another. From one in horror watching the U.K.
Descend into 100 monthly anti-Semitic incidents to another. And from one watching, in disbelief, the rise of anti-Semitism in the U.S. To another. We may not agree on much else, but this outrage we have in common.
You are the resounding 72-74% majority of the 5.4 Million American Jewry who have backed the Democratic Party since the sun has risen in the East. We get it; you're for minority rights because you will forever identify as a minority. You're forever for JFK , even though his brand of liberalism is long gone and has actually morphed into modern conservatism. You're forever for FDR, even though it was the Republican Ronald Reagan who delivered approximately 6,000,000 Soviet Jews from bondage of Anti-Semitic leftist oppression.
The Democratic Party of the 1950s was the party of the underdog, and you’re forever the underdog, in your mind, in your memory and by virtue of our tiny demographic. Your parents and grandparents have been married to the Democratic party since before you were born, and you can’t let go of what has been ingrained in you with mother’s milk. Understandable.
Today is 2019, not the 1950s. And after the devastating failure of your Party to stand with you (as Jews) unequivocally against the rabid Nazi-era anti-Semitism of Democratic Congresswoman Omar and her friends, you stand in the final hour of a critical decision, depleted of all excuses for your political loyalty. And you know it.
First, your history:
• At the UN, your favorite President Barack Obama, famously called for Israel to return to 1967 Borders. You said nothing and continued to exalt his virtue.
• The same man orchestrated UN’s resolution #2334, de facto proclaiming the Kotel and most of Israel illegitimate in Jewish hands. You said nothing and continued to exalt his virtue.
• On his way out of office, the same Democratic POTUS released a whopping $150 Billion to the mullahs of Iran who have a single clearly stated goal; washing Israel out to sea with their nukes. You said nothing and continued to sing 44th praises.
• You watched as Obama whispered to French President Sarkozy “…You are sick of him, but I have to work with him every day.”, mocking PM Benjamin Netanyahu of Israel. You said nothing and continued to applaud Obama.
• You watched the spiraling souring of America-Israel relations under Obama’s leadership. You said nothing and continued the love affair with Obama.
• You knew of Obama’s $350,000,000 interference in Israel’s national election to subvert the democratic process. You looked the other way and said nothing.
• You never once heard the word “Jihad” leave Obama’s lips when describing Islamic terror attacks against Jews in France. You said nothing and continued to praise him in your liberal synagogues...because Obama is your guy. Because he had the visible color of the underdog. Because the Democratic party is the perceived home of your ancestors. Those ancestors are dead, but here is your 2019 record:
• President Donald Trump, by virtue of the American Embassy move, underscores Jerusalem as the Capital of Israel. You instantly end your supine silence and find your voice in loud opposition to the most logical, lawful, courageous and Israel-loving politician. With trembling knees, you proclaim “he’s angering the Arabs” in your posturing speeches on Shul Bimah, in schools, social media and in endless editorials. When WW 3 failed to occur, you retreat back to your silence, having sufficiently defamed the President.
• President Trump reaffirms a record-setting annual budget of $4 Billion to Israel, including a $200 millions increase in 2019, for the next 10 years for a total of $40 Billion. What do you do? You bash the President in choir with CNN.
• President Trump defunds Israel-denying UNRWA. You continue to bash the President.
• President Trump defunds murderous Mahmoud Abbas to the tune of $250 Million per year. You continue to bash the President.
• You watch Trump’s appointee Nikki Haley staunchly defend Israel at the UN, time and time again. Speaking against UN’s anti-Israel biases & infinite resolutions of condemnation, like no one has ever before, Trump’s envoy to the UN stuns the world with her courage. Yet you continue to bash the President.
• President Trump stands alone against feckless Europe in ending the disastrous Obama era of Nuclear Appeasement with Iran, undoing the damage done by the your favorite ex-President. Ignoring this courageous unpopular move and Iran’s devotion to the annihilation of the Jewish people as its number one cause, you continue to bash the President.
• In every State of the Union and UN address, you hear President Trump exalt Israel, condemn the Holocaust, and explicitly exclaim the non-negotiated American support for Israel under his administration. Backed not by his words, but by his deeds! …You? You continue to bash the President.
• Holocaust Survivors and American religious Jewry unreservedly embrace the President with warm support and voter presence. Speaking at Trump’s commemorations of Jewish events & important dates, celebrating Hannukah with singing and candle lighting by Trump grandchildren and children, in full view to the world from the White House. First occurrences ever in history! And you? You continue to bash the President.
• You know of Trump Family long-standing personal financial support for Israel, Fred Trump’s designation of NY buildings for subsidization of Post-Holocaust Jews, complete with a funded synagogue inside. But you continue to bash the President.
• In August of 2015, Donald Trump's own private jet carried a critically ill 3-year-old Jewish boy from California to New York for medical treatment, when commercial airline refused to fly him. You? You continue to bash the President.
• You’ve even watched the First Daughter, The First observantly Jewish Daughter of the Oval Office (another first in history!) pray at Jerusalem’s Wailing Wall, along with her father, the grandfather of this, de facto, First Jewish Family that every Friday night observes Shabbat. Amazingly, you continue to bash the President to the sound of the CNN drum.
• You, the liberal Jews of America, continue to bash the man who has never once said anything remotely anti-Semitic. You go as far as partaking in discussions and events that compare Trump to Hitler and the KKK. You sign petitions and you echo the cherry-picked sound-bytes of MSNBC’s three-year smear campaign.
How you vote and what you do:
• You vote for the party of Louis Farrakhan, endorsed by Bill Clinton who was on stage with him who only months ago called you “termites”! And the "gang of 8."
• You vote for the party whose elected politicians announce that you have duel loyalty, the oldest most vilifying anti-Semitic charge of genocidal racism.”
AND IN MY HUMBLE OPINION: Any self-respecting Jew who can continue to vote democrat in this day and age, is a traitor to Israel, your religion and humanity.
The new democratic socialist party is obviously anti-Semitic and will destroy you all.