Since we have realized the importance of our living environment, finding some ways to keep our natural environment has become an important issue in our daily life. The population is rising so quickly that the world has become too crowded. Meanwhile, human activities constantly create adverse effects to our environment. We are using up our natural resources and at the same time polluting our environment. Those visible negative activities include water pollution, deforestation, smog, decrease of water supplies and so forth. If we continue to do this, life on earth cannot survive.
Under this circumstance, governments of many countries established laws to protect the environment. For we are the caretakers of our planet, we must find our own ways to protect and conserve it. Here are some ways we can use to help our mother earth.
- Three "R". Reduce, reuse and recycle. Every year nearly 9 hundred billion tress are cut down to make paper. If we can save these by recycling and reducing, the number of cutting trees will lessen. Moreover, we can use reusable bags instead of plastic bags.
- Save energy at home. In the first place, we can replace all existing incandescent bulbs to fluorescent lights as the former can use more electricity. And one thing we should keep in mind is always switch off and unplug all the electronic devices that are not in use.
- Attention to carbon. Carbon is one of the factors which cause greenhouse gases. It will have big change if we can decrease our carbon footprints. For instance, if we can go to office by bike or on foot why still use private cars. We can also use the traditional clothes line to dry our clothes instead of using dryer.
- Plant more trees. Try our best to plant more trees as possible. Trees are the clothes of our mother planet. They can help in cleaning the polluted air and the groundwater as filters.
- Support green technology. With the development of the technology, there appear a numerous eco-friendly products. May be they are a little expensive, but if we can afford it, why not choose them to help in saving our environment.
Actually there are a lot of ways we can do for our planet earth. We just have to take the initiative and start protecting our environment.